Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) services are community-based services designed to provide an effective child care delivery system; one which provides a link between child care providers, families who need care and employers and community planners who address child care needs. CCR&Rs provide a single portal of entry that helps parents understand the child care options and make informed choices about their child care. CCR&Rs also help develop and maintain quality child care programs that are responsive to local needs. They offer a decentralized, personal approach to child care information and assistance while also acting as a central link among the many diverse parts of the child care system. They do not have a regulatory function so they can offer impartial assistance to all parties. Basic“core” services provided by Hertford County Child Care Resource and Referral include:
· Assisting families in selecting quality child care for their children
· Referrals to legally operating child care providers
- Collecting and analyzing information about child care needs and supply
· Recruiting to build the supply of child care to meet demand
· Educating and encouraging communities to address child care needs and issues
· Supporting child care providers through technical assistance and training
What Else Does CCRR Offer?
In addition to the basic core services that we provide, we also provide the following services:
· Resource and Toy Lending Library that is available for parents, child care providers and agencies
· Provides technical assistance to child care programs and facilities desiring to increase the quality of their program through our Quality Enhancement Project
· Sponsoring professional development projects to help child care providers increase their education and overall quality of care
· Offers support to new child care providers and provides technical assistance to exiting child care providers
Are There Services Designed Just For Parents?
Yes! The staff of The Hertford County Child Care Resource and Referral believe that it is the parents’ responsibility to select the provider of their choice and to investigate the provider carefully before making a selection. When a referral is made to a parent, every parent has the right to receive materials such as:
|Rules and regulations regarding child care in North Carolina|
|Guidelines set by the North Carolina Child Care Resource & Referral for choosing and using quality child care|
|Parenting trainings and workshops|
Resource library with books and instructional videos
Brochures and checklists about choosing quality childcare
|Information of specific care to meet the needs of individual families|
|Information on other requested community services.|
How About Assistance for Businesses?
Consultation on meeting child care needs of employees
Seminars on choosing quality child care
Sponsoring special provider recruitment for specific child care needs
And the Community at large?
Statistics on child care in Hertford County
Public awareness to increase community involvement in child care
Presentations to civic, service and church groups about child care
Want to learn more about quality child care or, if you are interested in becoming a child care provider, contact Ms. Marquita Raynor, CCR&R Coordinator or Ms. Angelia Artis, Quality Enhancement Coordinator, at 398-4124.
For More Information Contact:
Hertford County Partnership for Children, Inc.
711 E. Vance St., PO Box 504, Murfreesboro, NC 27855