Child Care Resource and ReferralChild Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) services are community-based services designed to provide an effective child care delivery system; one which provides a link between child care providers, families who need care and employers and community planners who address child care needs.
CCR&Rs provide a single portal of entry that helps parents understand the child care options and make informed choices about their child care. CCR&Rs also help develop and maintain quality child care programs that are responsive to local needs. They offer a decentralized, personal approach to child care information and assistance while also acting as a central link among the many diverse parts of the child care system. They do not have a regulatory function so they can offer impartial assistance to all parties. Basic“core” services provided by Hertford County Child Care Resource and Referral include:
- Assisting families in selecting quality child care for their children
- Referrals to legally operating child care providers
- Collecting and analyzing information about child care needs and supply
- Recruiting to build the supply of child care to meet demand
- Educating and encouraging communities to address child care needs and issues
- Supporting child care providers through technical assistance and training
What Else Does CCRR Offer?
- Resource and Toy Lending Library that is available for parents, child care providers and agencies
- Provides technical assistance to child care programs and facilities desiring to increase the quality of their program through our Quality Enhancement Project
- Sponsoring professional development projects to help child care providers increase their education and overall quality of care
- Offers support to new child care providers and provides technical assistance to exiting child care providers
Are There Services Designed Just For Parents?
Yes! The staff of The Hertford-Northampton County Child Care Resource and Referral believe that it is the parents’ responsibility to select the provider of their choice and to investigate the provider carefully before making a selection. When a referral is made to a parent, every parent has the right to receive materials such as:
- Rules and regulations regarding child care in North Carolina
- Guidelines and check list for choosing and using quality child care
- Parenting trainings and workshops
- Resource Lending Library
- Car seat trainings (must have a referral from health care professional)
- Information on other community services
Community At Large?
- Statistics on child care in the bi-county area
- Public awareness to increase community involvement
- Presentations about child care
- Events for children and their families
If you want to learn more about quality child care, or if you are interested in becoming a child care provider, contact Marquita Moore-Raynor, Child Care Resource and Referral Coordinator at: email@example.com.
For More Information Contact:
Hertford-Northampton Smart Start Partnership for Children, Inc.
711 E. Vance St., PO Box 504, Murfreesboro, NC 27855
Tel: (252) 398-4124
Fax: (252) 398-3965