Child Care Resource & Referral
Child Care Resource and Referral services are community-based services designed to provide an effective child care delivery system; one which provides a link between child care providers, families who need child care, and employers and community planners who address child care needs.
Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) agencies provide a single portal of entity for parents to understand their childcare options and make informed decisions about childcare. CCR&Rs also help develop and maintain quality childcare programs and training that are responsive to the needs of local childcare providers and the entire early childcare community. Child Care Resource and Referral offer a decentralized, personal approach to childcare information and assistance, while also acting as a central link, among the many diverse parts of the child care system.
- Assisting families in selecting quality child care for their children
- Referrals to legally operating child care providers
- Collecting and analyzing information about childcare needs and supply
- Recruiting to build the supply of child care to meet demand
- Educating and encouraging communities to address child care needs and issues
- Supporting child care providers through technical assistance and training
What Else Does CCRR Offer?
- Resource and Toy Lending Library that is available for parents, child care providers, and agencies
- Provides technical assistance to child care programs and facilities desiring to increase the quality of their program through our Quality Enhancement Project
- Sponsoring professional development projects to help child care providers increase their education and overall quality of care
- Offers support to new child care providers and provides technical assistance to existing child care providers
Are There Services Designed Just For Parents?
Yes! We believe that it is the parents’ responsibility to select the provider of their choice and to investigate the provider carefully before making a selection. When a referral is made to a parent, every parent has the right to receive materials such as:
- Rules and regulations regarding child care in North Carolina
- Guidelines and checklist for choosing and using quality child care
- Parenting training and workshops
- Resource Lending Library
- Car seat training (must have a referral from a health care professional)
- Information on other community services
Community At Large?
- Statistics on child care in the bi-county area
- Public awareness to increase community involvement
- Presentations about child care
- Events for children and their families
Need help finding the right child care provider?Look no further, we are here to help!
Open the “Regional ORM Licensing and Quality Information” for more information about child care licensing and tips for choosing quality child care before starting your child care search.
If you need additional assistance, please call: (252) 333-1233 or 1 (800) 262-8314.